How can you take advantage of Amazon Prime Day as a seller?
Amazon is going great guns to make its 20th anniversary a day to remember. That’s why Amazon Prime Day has been promoted heavily as a Black Friday beater and the 15th July 2015 may even beat Black Friday as an ecommerce highlight.
With substantial excitement already being stirred up, Amazon sellers will want to understand how they can get involved and profit from such an event.
Amazon is keen to get more and more people signed up to its Amazon Prime service. And that’s no bad thing. Amazon Prime benefits include:
– Unlimited One-Day Delivery on items across all categories
– Unlimited streaming of more than 15,000 movies and TV episodes
– Free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos
– Access to more than 800,000 books to borrow with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
It may be a little late to take advantage as a seller but Channel Advisor have written a useful post that explores how traders can get involved. You can read the full details here.
As they note “It might be tight to get your deal approved for Prime Day, but it’s worth a shot. The bigger the deal and the more compelling the offer, the better your chances of obtaining last-minute approval.” But they still make some useful suggestions, even if you’re not an official deal. After all, they should hopefully see a big traffic boost on Amazon that day regardless:
– Offer free shipping for non-FBA products, so Prime patrons won’t skip over your products
– Discount your own products (FBA or not) to join in the celebration and appeal to value shoppers
– Set up promotion rules within Seller Central for Prime Day
– Use Amazon Sponsored Products as a way to promote items you think will move
– Anticipate demand and staff your shipping department adequately on July 15th and 16th so your customer service doesn’t suffer if you have a spike in orders
We’re really interested to find out how well Prime Day goes. Let us know!
My experience is you can not apply to be part of it as it is invitational only. I got invited for Black Friday and Prime Day by DE,ES,IT,FR but not the UK. I asked them on each occasion and was told invitational only
I use FBA so don’t know if its different for vendors