> Is anyone else having problems using eBay tonight? Just about an hour ago, a user contacted Tamebay saying that eBay.co.uk was down and it does seem that right now eBay is suffering technical difficulties Here are three things that I have been able to verify: Search isn't working from the homepage I'm seeing an error message every time I search. (I use" /> More glitches on eBay UK: are you seeing the same? – Tamebay

More glitches on eBay UK: are you seeing the same?

By Dan Wilson June 19, 2015 - 1:08 am

UPDATE: This post was published at 01:08 BST this morning. At that time the reported problems had been underway for at least an hour. Maybe more. Now (at circa 02:00 am) they appear to have been resolved. Did you sleep through it?

On Twitter, eBay made this comment at circa 02:00 BST blaming the problems on “network issues”:

But here is our original post, made whilst the problems were ongoing>>

Is anyone else having problems using eBay tonight?

Here are three things that I have been able to verify:

Search isn’t working from the homepage

I’m seeing an error message every time I search. (I use a Mac and Safari and here’s what it looks like.)

search error

Signing in and My eBay login isn’t working:

If you try and sign in to My eBay, it seems that you can’t. This is the URL that won’t work: http://www.uk.paradise.qa.ebay.com/myb/Summary

Additionally, if you click the homepage link to Sell, it doesn’t resolve at this URL: http://sell.uk.paradise.qa.ebay.com/sell

From memory as an eBay employee, the structure of those URLs looks like a QA environment.

What’s this text above the logo?

odd ebay text

Several people are reporting this text as odd. Can you see it hovering above the eBay logo at the uppermost top left of the eBay homepage? What is it?

eBay have acknowledged sign in problems on Twitter:

And others are seeing the same issues as we’ve noted:

ebay twitter

And here is the graph from Downdetector for eBay, taken just a few moments ago.

Are you having similar problems? Be specific in your comments.

downdetector

• Kaz

You’ve got it covered Dan, exactly what I’m seeing.
    If you want to add a little sauce, add the downdetector outage chart, it’s currently more red than Liverpool v Manchester Utd !!

• Gerry007

RE : What’s this text above the logo?

Our’s sat GH69rc2

Google Chrome says:

This web page is not available

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

• Gerry007

Well this is strange…..

Try doing a google search for any ebay listing (I did hinges) the listing opens, then clicked on myebay and straight n…..

• Andy R

This has been going on for weeks.

Ebay is inaccessible for many buyers for hours at a time and that is happening on most days.

Why else would sales stall completely for several hours, followed by a sudden “rush” of sales all together.

Been flagging this for ages.

Still intending to close my account end of this month.

Zero confidence in Ebay,

“This has been going on for weeks.”

Has it? What has?

This is kinda what I mean about how eBay sellers need to be clear, concise and specific about tech problems. And document them. Unless we can genuinely prove and qualify them (with evidence), it’s just grumbling.

With a more concerted effort to properly define and complain about specific issues eBay would get away with less. imho.

dw

• Andy R

I sent a repsonse the other day to the email you sent Dan, specifying what we’ve been experiencing.

We’re through with Ebay and will be going at the end of this month.

So this will also be my last visit to the Tamebay board.

But thanks for all the work you’ve done which we’ve found very helpful.

Won’t need to “grumble” any more, as I shall have an Ebay-free life once again.

• Simon

Maybe this is a way of keeping buyers off the block lists in their very recent problems. Just don’t let people have access to ebay at all.
    It’s probably what ebay would call a solution B-)

• Chris

Anybody’s sales hit a brick wall with all these faults on eBay?

• Dave

Yep! Quiet as a mouse here. Traffic down 60% on this time yesterday. Not had a sale for several hours now.

• Richard

Monday and Tuesday sales at about what I’d expect, Wednesday onwards dead.

• Chris

Up to last Friday 12th (before the outage of eBay UK) sales were immense.
      But since then, dreadful.

Least its not just us.

• Chris

I’ve just looked at our traffic reports, why does the ‘page views’ 52 weeks prior have considerably more than the ‘selected month’?

All of the Ebay / Paypal bugs are because the two divisions have now split. This is causing problems for most of us and there is NOTHING we can do except wait for them to fix it and sort it out. “Over a barrel comes to mind”!

• Derek Duval

I work for a company just like Ebay, the Senior management from USA constantly push new sales figures to Middle management in the UK and at the same time dont reinvest the profits.
    This leads to good employees leaving the company and basically being replaced by people who play politics and who dont really give a shi*.

Ebay isn’t unique, if you work for a American company ask yourself does this sound like your situation???

Tamebay eBooks