Black Friday arrests and deals on eBay
So Black Friday is here, but many shops couldn’t even wait for Friday to arrive before starting their deals.
Supermarkets kicked their sales off at midnight and they’ve all had advertising on Radio and TV to encourage the desperate hordes to hustle to their stores. Overnight, Police have been called to shops across the country to try and restore order as shoppers fight for the best deals with several arrests having been made.
At least two people arrested at #BlackFriday sales events already this morning. Keep calm people!
— G M Police (@gmpolice) November 28, 2014
At least online you can shop safely without having to worry about getting crushed in a shopping fight. aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/rpp/deals","eBay will be running another in its series of WOW weekends from Black Friday","","UK"); ?>, featuring deals with 60% off the RRP. As well as the Black Friday deals already live, around 50 further deals will be running from Friday to Tuesday. Top deals include:
– aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-Clarity-HD-Micro-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-WHITE-HD-Sound-133265-00-/361122760424?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_AudioDocks_Speakers&hash=item54149806e8","Monster Clarity HD Micro (White) Wireless Speaker at £59.99","","UK"); ?> vs RRP £149.99 (seller: box_uk)
– aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=shopto_outlet&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XPS4+Console+BF01&_nkw=PS4+Console+BF01&_sacat=0","PS4 Console 500GB Bundle at £339.99","","UK"); ?> vs RRP £554.96 (seller: Shopto)
– aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=just_bedding_uk&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XSilentnight+Duvet+Tog+Hollowfibre+Duvet+and+Pillow+Pair&_nkw=Silentnight+Duvet+Tog+Hollowfibre+Duvet+and+Pillow+Pair&_sacat=0","13.5 15 tog Silentnight Single /Double/King Spring Weight Duvet & Pillow Pair Bundle at £16.99","","UK"); ?> WAS £68.99 (seller: just_bedding_uk)
– aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISNEY-FROZEN-WALLPAPER-MURAL-ANNA-ELSA-SVEN-OLAF-KIDS-GIFT-BEDROOM-WALL-DECOR-/351223221733","Disney Frozen wall mural at £24.44","","UK"); ?> vs RRP £69.88 (seller: Direct2publik)
– aff_link("http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xbox-One-Console-GTA-V-/361089330524","XBoxOne Console 500GB Bundle at £299.99","","UK"); ?> vs RRP £399.99 (seller: Shopto)
Have fun if you’re shopping today but we’re hoping you’re going to be so busy selling as people get their final pay cheque before Christmas that you’ll be too busy picking and packing to do any shopping yourself.
Queue to view (and that’s online!)
Of course even shopping on line might not be that easy, try to visit the Curry’s website today where they’ve promised a ton of discounts on electricals and you’ll find you have to queue. Yes that’s right queue to go shopping on a website and currently the queue is over an hour long! Even worse if you lose your place in the queue and have to stand in line at the back again before you can view the site.
It’s easy to laugh at a website that makes you queue to view, but in reality it makes a lot of sense. The alternative is probably a website running so slowly that no one can access it, or worse, a website that crashes entirely.
TBH I didn’t think much of deals Amazon launched at midnight. That didn’t stop some of the deals selling out in 30 seconds or so.
All very well and good, but
Tesco is inacessible
Argos is inacessible
Currys is inacessible
TopCashBack is inacessible
Amazon and eBay all good though, driving sales to me :-)
I notice that Amazon has raised the price of some of the Kindle Fire HDX tablets from earlier in the week (the pricing seems to have gone weird as the 4G models are cheaper than the equivalent WIFI only ones)
Queuing on line? Don’t make me laugh. Takes away the whole purpose of online shopping.
Lets think of a better way of doing things.
1. Have sufficiently strong website to meet needs of the maximum conceivable demand plus a margin to include Black Friday/Cyber Monday etc.
2. Don’t make so many offers your current website can’t cope with the traffic
Oh, sorry. That would be responsible trading. What a stupid idea. Much better to have people queuing on line, or brawling in the aisles over the Blaupunkt TV.
The queue system did give them some free publicity with people thinking that the deals must be so good that lots of people are having to wait for them.
I wonder how many people gave up on the site and went to the store instead, only to find out the item they are wanting wasn’t part of any Black Friday promotion!!
I know of one ;-0
some retail guru,s are claiming black friday could be counter productive
there is only so much money to spend and shoppers may well not buy at full price waiting for these type of sales
I wonder how many after fighting and wrestling and on occasions playing Rugby with various Sale Items got them home only to find that they had been damaged and would no longer work or were broken in some other way.
Black Friday the INR nightmare begins. Sales are one thing. Delivering is another!
Black Friday good for the the large sellers to offload stock, lots of small/medium businesses on the message board saying its been dead this weekend.