Amazon celebrate 20 years in business this July

By Chris Dawson July 14, 2014 - 7:49 am

Having been founded in 1994 as Cadabra (the name didn’t catch on), Amazon celebrates 20 years in business this month!

There’s a lot we could say about the past twenty years, but the guys at DPFOC have done the work for us. Here’s their Amazon Birthday fast facts infographic:

Amazon Birthday Infographic

• Alex

WOW, JB should take up comedy, he’s not short of “one-liners” and if you don’t like his quotes at least his laugh will crack you up!! 🙂

• Alex

I actually don’t find him at all funny and his laugh irratates like a monopoly designed to put many small retailers out of business (think of salt on a wound).

The “breakfast octopus” must be some kind of “inside Amazon” joke as I don’t know of anyone who has any clue what that was about. I wouldn’t be suprised if it was actually some kind of deliberate ploy to gain coloum inches. All it really did is make him look stupid.

I just wish that I was rich enough to be in a helicopter crash!! 🙂

I think you have to be a little bit endearingly weird to be as successful as Bezos (or Jobs or Gates). I think the breakfast octopus was a manifestation of that weirdness that no one in or out of Amazon really understands.

• Alex

Apparently it was some sort of analogy but that theory seems very high-brow to me.

As regards his “laugh”, do people laugh with him or at him?

Amazon employees are obvioulsy excused from answering, i’m sure they find him very “funny”! 🙂

Amazon

Amazon started as online book store and has grown to be the worlds largest online retailer.