eBay UK: Double-check your Supersize picture fees. You may deserve a refund.

By Dan Wilson May 6, 2014 - 12:31 am

Back in March we reported that from the 15th of April Supersize pictures would be free on eBay UK. It was good news for sellers who were complying perfectly with the new Picture Standards.

But according to several readers who have been in touch, the implementation hasn’t all been plain sailing. There seems to be no problem with the fees when it comes new listings.

But if you are upgrading existing listings to include Supersize pictures it seems that the fees are still being applied. So if you have upgraded any listings to take advantage of the Supersize Picture offer, please do check that you haven’t been charged for them.

One seller reports having over £50 of fees on his account from upgrading ongoing listings and he has been in touch with eBay. I’m pleased to report that eBay have agreed the announcement wasn’t clear and they have applied refunds for the amounts accrued.

Here’s what the Seller Update page says:

image

I think it’s safe to say the information onsite isn’t clear with regards to updating existing listings to include Supersize so it’s good that eBay are doing the right thing on this one. Have you been affected?

• Alex

Are you nuts? £50, Thats nothing and principal aside, calling CS is always a trial.

I was over charged £280 last year. Which I got back after many hours to CS

CHECK YOUR BILLS

• DBL

£50 may be nothing but it’s £50 charged wrongly, you should always check your bill and if you’ve been overcharged then get it sorted. I don’t think it’s about the amount but about the mistake.

• Rob

What a joke – they’ve had a fortune of me over the years with some of the listing extras boxes ticking themselves, and additional fees when revising descriptions.

• mw

Anyone else having problems logging-in to ebay 11am Friday?

• mw

If you have ebay homepage not loading problems, try using ebay motors to gain access.

• DBL

I got in via a link that was saved, worried about what they were messing with to break it :-/

• Steve

Just finally got my refund for the supersize pictures fiasco its took over a month and about 10 phone calls and chat sessions £1518.26

• DBL

They did mine while I was on the chat session. wonder how many people didn’t realise they were overcharged. Once something like that is found it should be done across the board automatically