Have you had an eBay UK free listing offer this weekend?

By Dan Wilson April 12, 2014 - 5:26 am

Hardly a weekend goes by without some sort of free listing offer from eBay UK. The offers aren’t universal of late and it seems that different cohorts of sellers get them.

Sometimes I get an email myself on a seller account I hold. Often I get a tip off. This night there is no alert from anyone. No free listings this weekend?

There’s nothing unusual in that. And, indeed, eBay UK revealed this week that from May 13th every private seller will be getting 20 free listings every month.

The info released with that announcement noted that there would be future fee promotions. It will be interesting to see what that means.

In the first instance though, if yo do have evidence of free listings this weekend, do share it here. Thanks very much! 🙂

• DBL

I got 50,000 free listings to use over a week, trouble is my holiday settings were on as I was out that week so didn’t use any of them.

• Rich

Had 50,000 free listings from 7th to 11th. But nothing over the weekend.

• radroach

Next weekend will be more of a test as to whether the dropping of the 100 free listings @ 99p in favour of 20 @ any start price will lead to a fundamental change in the overall free listing policy, as I wouldn’t have expected anything this weekend in any case.

Surely May 1st will be the test for the 100 Free 99p listings as the monthly allocation starts on the 1st of the month. If on the 1st May there is an announcement that there is to be no more free 99p items then we all know.

• Gary

Next weekend is a religious holiday and the only weekend in the year when the law dictates shops have to close on Sunday. Is ebay really going to have a listing promotion over the easter weekend? That would be insensitive.

• radroach

I predict a four day free listing offer for private sellers from Friday to Monday – just as they did in 2012.

• northumbrian

there very insensitive in Scotland its not a holiday

• Gary

Give the Scots a free listing weekend then but not the English. Might help the Yes campaign.

Its not ALL shops that have to close on Easter Sunday. Basically it is the larger shops and Supermarkets that will be closed. Many smaller chops and Village Shops will be open as usual as will Garages and if they have a shop that can be expected to be open. So if you want a Newspaper on Easter Sunday you will still be able to buy one. In fact if you look in todays Mail on Sunday there is a form to complete so that you can reserve a Mail on Sunday at a small or local shop if you normally get your Mail on Sunday from such as a Supermarket.

Also there are many Religions in the UK. Christianity is only one. If ebay did not run a promotion because it was this or that Religions Festival then ebay would hardly ever run a promotion. Surely its up to ebay when it runs its promotions not some Religion???

Well the Easter Bank Holiday Weekend as expected is a Free Listing Weekend. From Friday 18th April at 00:00:01 to Monday 21th April at 23:59:59 it is a Free Listing Weekend. Private Sellers who qualify can relist 100 items at a start of over £1 Free. In addition the line is there that if you tick the box your item can relist for free up to 3 times if it doesn’t sell.

As there appears to be rain coming in for Sunday and Monday all those who had planned to be out in the garden over the Bank Holiday now have something else to do. I must admit that I had penciled in watching the Indian Premier League Cricket on ITV4 but it looks like I am going to have a very busy weekend.

• radroach

Three day free listing coming up for private sellers by invitation May 3rd to 5th:

Also an interesting move on the US site to focus free listings (for non store owners) on to certain categories from May 15th:

It appears to be a Free Listing Weekend this Bank Holiday Weekend although all the usual notices are missing. However I logged on and tried to relist an item and it did not charge me so I tried another and another, still no charges. So I take it that it is a Free Listing Weekend but no matter how hard I looked I could not find a notice. So I don’t know if it is Saturday/Sunday or if Monday is included or if it is 100 items as usual or something else. Anyway if you usually qualify go ahead and list and continue to relist until it starts to charge you. Then you can make up your own mind whether or not to continue.