eBay sellers required for a documentary film

By Dan Wilson March 17, 2014 - 3:25 pm

We received this message over the weekend. Are you ready for your close up?

“For any readers out there who are successful or established sellers on eBay, or even collectors, who feel they have an interesting story to share, I would love to hear it!

If you are willing to contribute and feature in a documentary about eBay sellers and collectors, I am searching for successful sellers and collectors who have been able make a living from selling on eBay. If you work and operate from home, feel you have an interesting story behind your eBay success and preferably live within the north of England, I would be interested to hear from you.

Please contact Aidan, on aidan.summerell@sky.com if you are interested, or would require more specific information.”

• northumbrian

12 years a slave ?

• Danny

HAHA! Brilliant!

Perfect.

We retired from eBay late last year. Sellers on eBay for more than a decade, we started on the usa site and moved to UK once it was established, all of it splendid though increasingly difficult as eBay intervened more and more in a counter productive manner between seller and collector.

We maintained a 100%/ TRS pretty much throughout, not driven by eBay but by a simple desire to provide the sort of customer service that as buyers we might like.

I honestly don’t think eBay have a clue about the Antique and collectors market, about the frequent repeat business that it can deliver.

Leaving was the very best thing we did. We had intended to continue with eBay for another five years but their lack of respect for their customer base reached the point at which we decided it was time to move on.

It’s such a shame that eBay has become what it is today . “Yesterdays Amazon tomorrow”.

• davelovesbay

The titanic 2 – Minus life boats !

• Alex

We are all slaves but personally I woud not bother with this guy.

I offered Aiden my help and asked for his number. He emailed me at 9am and I called a few minutes later but straight to voicemail and still much later, after repeated calls, its still going to voice mail.

Who sends a number and switches their phone off?

I googled the guy and my guess is hes a nobody – researcher at best.

Waste your time if you wish but I have better things to do.

• Alex

PS: Sky will make millions when they network this so unless you are a charity charge them for your input!!

• Jimbo

Does he want you to post his phone number posted on the internet?