eBay.com launch new eBay for Business Blog

By Chris Dawson November 6, 2013 - 10:21 am

eBay for Businesss BlogTamebay have some new competition this morning! eBay.com have set up a new “eBay for Business blog” aiming to be an ongoing resource for all the news and tips that are fit to print. Don’t worry Tamebay will carry on publishing all the stuff the eBay deem not fit to print ;-)

Editor in chief of the new eBay for Business blog will be Jeremy Hainline whose been busy writing eBay newsletters and announcment board posts for the past few years. He’ll be joined by Griff, host of eBay radio and one of eBay’s first employees along with eBay’s Director of Community Jeff Terrell.

We’ve been missing a decent eBay Blog since eBay Ink was retired and rolled into eBay’s corporate news site. Although the news will doubless be eBay.com orientated, what happens over there tends to migrate to European sites in time, so I’ll be watching with interest.

If you want to follow the new eBay for Business blog they’re on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and good old RSS.

Look at the shiny shiny……

• mw

Is it me or is all this activity ebay have going on with pushing seller benefits a direct response to falling seller revenue? Look at ebays seller discussion boards and it’s loaded with gripes about sales performance stretching back months, a new seller business blog is launched, countless promotions to get sellers on board, seller protection re-explained recently and so on. There must be a link for all this activity given it’s past absence. Should shareholders expect some bad news?

• northumbrian

its cheap and easy any daft bugger can blog

lol

• mw

Yes for individuals it’s cheap and easy. For large corps, somebody has to be salaried to do it and generally anything they publish has to be vetted by their managers/directors before it’s published, usually resulting in several re-writes.
      Not sure why ebay is so focussed on improving seller experience all of a sudden. It has to be linked with something.

• northumbrian

we don’t really believe that ebay are focused on improving seller experience, words are easy! we have not tasted any decent proof pudding lately,
      in fact very much the opposite ,these days our ebay experience is the worst we can remember

• mw

I agree….. So why the smokescreen effort on ebay’s behalf? Something has to be wrong for them to direct so much effort in this way.

• northumbrian

cant work out why ebay are boasting about seller protection them stabbing sellers in the back with suspensions

I am quite impressed with the recent changes within eBay. I just hope they continue to make things look fresher and more appealing. Without a doubt charges are pretty high but on the other hand if you are relying only on your standard online store how much money are you having to spend on advertising to get the sales. I think its a fair balance.

The business blog I think I am unlikely to look at. Tamebay is on my bookmark bar and will be staying there.

• JonT

The “y’all” style of that blog is really irritating!

They are yankies my dear old chap :P

• JonT

True, but not all Americans are folksy homespun southerners. I don’t think the style is appropriate for a supposedly serious business-focused blog.

• Hereford United Fan

I don’t like it when people from eBay tell me to ‘reach out’ to my customer.

I wish they would change that. It’s not very Irish to be sure.

• We're not gonna take it

“even when I’m not thinking, I wind up thinking about eBay. Case in point: I was having a perfect dadolescent moment singing along to Tommy by The Who on my way home from Whitman Campus, when my subconscious tweaked Daltrey’s plea of “see me, feel me, touch me, heal me” into a similar entreaty, but from an eBay listing’s perspective: SEO me, search me, find me, buy me. ”
    Spare me. Please.

• Richard

I was recently kicked off of Ebay after 15 years and 100% positive feedback. I had 4.69 in shipping even though I shipped the next day. I was told that was the reason. Others have stated that Ebay is just getting rid of “mom and pop” type of sellers in favor of corporate sellers like ToysRUs.
    I sold over $100,000 per year there. If they can do without me and countless others that have been booted recently (rumor has it 15,000 were purged from the ranks since August), they must have something else up their sleeve.