The most and least appropriate eBay Deals

By Chris Dawson July 15, 2013 - 10:59 pm

Sitting here at 11pm in the evening, still roasting hot and knowing the temperature won’t drop below about 20 degrees tonight I was idly browsing eBay’s deals wondering how to stay cool.

Bob Kat SledgeAmazingly one of the first items I stumbled across was a from Argos. The thought of a chilly winters day with the hills covered in snow might be quite attractive, but honestly… a sledge in the hottest week of the hottest July I can remember for years! Even at £9.99 it’s not the most timely of bargains so it’s not surprising that only one has been sold so far.

Swimming Pool SetA bit more appropriate for the sunny weather, which I’m hearing is due to stay for anything up to the end of July or well into August as least for the south of the UK, is the from WorldStores. If you’ve got young kids you’re going to want to keep the out of the sun most of the time, but with yet another scorching weekend coming up a quick cool down in the paddling pool seems like a plan.

Obviously I’m not going to fit into a 5 foot by 1 foot paddling pool, so I’m off on the hunt for a better way to stay cool… maybe just the biggest fan I can find on eBay or even an air conditioning unit. What are you doing to stay comfortably cool?

• Steve

I did buy a 100′ coiled hose on Daily Deals, bet the hosepipe ban arrives before the hose!

• paddy

Regarding the sledge, I understand they are very popular this time of year at festivals for moving stuff around muddy fields.

Aha. Yes, well that then does make sense. 🙂

Winter is not that far away. We are well past the Longest Day. We have the rest of July and August and then from August Bank Holiday we start to leave the Summer and head into Winter, unless there is an Indian Summer.

Many people will tell you that they buy their Christmas Presents in the Sales and even I have bought all my Christmas Cards. So why not a Sledge?

• Cambridge_Blue

Truly sad!
      Time to get a life mate.
      By the way whatever happened to Autumn?
      pip pip

Many will tell you that there is in reality only two seasons. Winter and Summer and for the last few years Summer was only a blink and you’ve missed it type of season.

I have my Christmas Cards because I bought more(many more) than I needed last Christmas and probably have enough for this Christmas as well.

Every time the media is out and about asking people in the street about how far advanced they are for Christmas always find some who buy their presents through the year rather than in a mad buying session just before Christmas and usually somebody who has bought everything in the Sales.

If you do not know that you are not as bright as you think you are(and only you thinks you are)

• Cambridge_Blue

Nobody has even been daft enough to tell me there are only two seasons until you came along.
      The depth of your stupidity is truly staggering.
      If you are the best & ‘brightest’ the devonians have to offer then god help us all.
      Right I’m off to buy my winter woollies, wellies & cross country skis…
      pip pip

Many have talked about there being only two seasons – Winter and Summer and there is even a Whisky Advert on the TV at present that says that if you are not quick you are likely to miss our Summer. In fact for the last few years many have blinked and missed our very short summers.

Obviously if you have not heard this before it can only be because you have not been listening.

Devonians? The Boundary between Cornwall and England has been up the middle of the River Tamar for over a thousand years. Devon you idiot is in England not in Cornwall. I live in Cornwall.
      Your lack of any form of knowledge is just incredible. I wonder if you are safe to allow out on your own.

• Cambridge_Blue

You all look the same to me matey & frankly nobody else cares anyway where the Tamar is.
      No difference between an idiot from Devon or one like you from Cornwall that I can see.
      If you are basing your knowledge from TV adverts you need help.
      God Bless ‘Devonians’