Get started selling internationally on Amazon

By Chris Dawson June 26, 2013 - 8:52 am

Amazon EU Marketplaces lgAmazon have made it easier than ever to sell on their European Amazon sites – France, Germany, Italy and Spain, but many sellers still aren’t taking advantage of their service.

Did you know that if you have a UK Amazon account then you can sell in Europe on the same account?

Did you know that if you use Amazon FBA then you get a boost in winning the Buy Box as Amazon sort based on the item cost only. (Without FBA they sort based on item cost plus your postage cost).

Did you know that if you use Amazon FBA then Amazon themselves will use their European Fulfilment Network to ship your sales on European Amazon sites? Amazon will handle all customer service and returns – all you do is list your products and send them to Amazon’s fulfilment centre.

Amazon have produced a “Selling Internationally on Amazon” video tutorial which is also available in .pdf format. If you’re not sure how to get started selling internationally on Amazon take a look, you may be surprised how easy it is.

• peter stanley

As far as I am aware it’s only on the newer accounts, if you have an older account it’s more complicated. For example if I want to sell items other than media on my account the postage is a fixed price whereas the newer accounts can set it at whatever they want.
    The only way around this is to open a new account and close the old one thereby losing all my feedback.

• Bunchy

Upgrade your account. I Dont think it’s to do with old or new accounts, it’s the account type. There are many, not that Amazon advertise or publish what they are. Contact the selling team and ask.

• peter stanley

I asked about 6 months ago about changing postage in non media and seller support said the only way was to open a new account and close the old one.

I can confirm that Postage price can be set different in Amazon Germany. Haven’t reached France yet.

• Stuart

We sell on Germany, would like to sell on France no garden category on there:-(

Also there is a lot of confusion over accounts, as when they first starting pushing German and France you had to open another account, now you can do it through the same account. However if you try to go through your same account to sell on Germany when you have a German account already, lets say to sell new items you want to manage the stock on, they start telling you it’s against the rules. Yet when you look into the rules it tells you can do this but obviously you can’t sell the same item. You then have to tell support this and go around the houses till you finally end up at the start again. Confusing when you just want to sell some stuff!

Agree with you Stuart. I started working with Germany when Amazon combined all accounts. Its nice for me as stock is managed in both UK and Germany accounts and listing is lot easier. Simply enter ASIN and price. All sorted !

• Per

I will start FR soon. Once I have stock in. In fact the sale team fron FR has trabslated my listing into franch for me.