How did your courier perform this Christmas?

By Chris Dawson December 22, 2012 - 1:02 pm

How has your courier service been this Christmas? Have they coped well with the Christmas rush and does it look like they’ve delivered everything on time?

Since Thursday I’ve had one parcel delivered next day, one has taken two days, one to the Isle of Wight has so far taken two days and still not been delivered (although it’s now made it to the delivery depot) and two more being sent to me didn’t arrive on Friday.

It looks like the many 24 hour deliveries are actually taking 48 hours to be delivered, but hopefully all couriers will be able to use the weekend to catch up on shipping parcels to delivery depots and they will be delivered on Monday in time for Christmas, including those despatched on Friday.

Has your courier kept their delivery promises this year? How’s the service been? If they cope well at this time of year it bodes well for the rest of the year when it’s not so busy. If they’ve not managed to keep up with demand will you forgive and forget, or will you be looking for a new courier company in the New Year?

  • 5 years ago

    All of ours performed well, TNT, UPS and Royal Mail. The only problem I’ve heard about is bookings through Parcel2Go, but nothing new there. We gave up on them after 2 important packages were not picked up and had to be rebooked, and this was in May!

  • John Pemberton
    5 years ago

    Over 2500 parcel shipped:

    Interlink – 100% delivered
    UK – Next Day (except where customers out, but all successful eventually
    Germany / France – 2-3 days
    Italy – 3 days
    These are typical times.

    Royal Mail – 100% delivered, except overseas, where they are still in transit.

    I have to say interlinks 1hr timed delivery slots have proved very popular, and have boosted ebay DSR yr on yr.

  • John Pemberton
    5 years ago

    I had recommended MyHermes to customers asking to return goods. 1 item went missing, although said delivered. Many parcels took over 5 working days, causing customers to email me asking where their refund was!

    Next yr – I will only recommend Royal Mail as a returns service.

  • Usman
    5 years ago


    Royal Mail and DPD have both been excellent.

    Does anyone use myhermes to deliver? I tried them in feb and they were awful.


  • carl
    5 years ago

    Up here in the North of Scotland several couriers won’t touch me so I normally send Royal Mail. 100% delivered within 3 days, even to the flood hit South West of England.

    For the first time as an experiment I also tried Collect+ shop to shop service with a single parcel.

    Total disaster – lost parcel (21 days and counting), what could be worse?

    Well Collect+ emailed the recipient on Christmas morning and the 27th to tell them to collect, they make 2 x trips to shop to find it is not there. Needless to say they are not happy.

    Add to this customer services who never get back to you, dont know where the parcel is, and refuse to admit liability for the contents or provide a refund and you get the idea.

    The shop to shop service is such a good idea – shame the execution by Collect+ is so poor. I’m sticking with the Royal Mail.

  • 5 years ago

    We sent over 400 packages with DPD in the week up to Christmas. 95% were delivered within 24 hours, the other 5% with 48 hours because the customers had rearranged their own deliveries online or by text thanks to their brilliant Predict service. Our customers love it, it has improved our eBay DSRs hugely, every customer gets either an email or text in the morning so they know exactly when their delivery is going to arrive can’t fault it!

Recent Comments

3 hours ago
ian: what a fabtastic message sums up how i feel 100% (on a smaller scale) but im...
11 hours ago
Nasir Kothia: A fantastic event !! Proud to be a sponsor and look forward to exhibiting again next...
15 hours ago
Northumbrian: Get real folks Suck it up or work round it EBay's been doing this for decades Many have...
16 hours ago
Pawel: So basically there is no way we can make our listing looking better by having...