eBay bid on the wrong keyword for a year

By Chris Dawson May 29, 2011 - 1:50 pm

It was back in August 2010 I first spotted that eBay were bidding on my eBay User ID as a keyword for pet supplies, and amazingly they still are.

The trouble is (then as now) I don’t sell pet supplies, but if a reliable eBayer would like to supply them them on drop ship terms for a small commission I’ll be very tempted to take advantage of eBay’s erroneous advertising.

I’m wondering just how much I could have made over the last year by selling what eBay want me to sell instead of what I want to sell. Just in case of any final confusion, my eBay User ID is mountcomp and I sell computer parts, not pet supplies!

Its just the text on the ad that is wrong, as the link takes you to All Categories search on eBay.

Take advantage & put your eBay User ID into the title of one of your listings & buyers will be bale to find you.

They do the same for me Chris, always have. My ad takes you to a blank page stating no results match your search.

Whirly, input your eBay User ID into the title of one of your listings & buyers will be able to find you.

It’s the only thing AdCommerce was really good for 😉

I’ve got it in the descriptions of some, thought that would work, will experiment VW, cheers.

Its only a Title search as the subtitle/description box is not ticked

• John

Buy some petfood from costco!

There is also some nice ‘google juice’ and ebay links for my ‘Made up word of the year 2009’ – Xantsing