Revenge is selling ex boyfriends clothes naked

By Chris Dawson March 3, 2011 - 1:00 pm

What do you do when your ex boyfriend cheats on you? Well one Florida lady has decided to sell the contents of his wardrobe on eBay. She says “I bought all this stuff for my ex-boyfriend and he didn’t even wear most of them so basically they’re like new!” and to add to the sales appeal (N.B. You probably don’t want to view these auctions while you’re at work!).

Selling under the eBay user ID , she got a friend to shoot the pictures which are pretty revealing but it’s paying dividends with many of the items selling above the normal retail price. Apparently her boyfriend hated her to “dress sexy or revealing” when they were dating and this is her way of getting revenge.

She’s getting plenty of publicity for her auctions with Fox News, ABC and CBS all covering the story, although to save her modesty she’s refusing to reveal her real identity or show her face.

Don’t I remember a similar case a while ago except in that case the lady took a pair of sissors to her exe’s clothes and cut off such as the arms in shirts etc. Mind you apart from being far more constructive perhaps the young lady in the latest case is considerably better looking.

Another similar case leaps to mind. Don’t I remember an abandoned Lady whose exe had left behind a particularly fine cellar. The Lady concerned took them round the neighbourhood and delivered them like Milk onto the doorsteps of her neighbours. Now why doesn’t that ever happen round here. I am not a great Wine Drinker but I might enjoy a particularly fine claret delivered on the front doorstep.

• dave

Like the feedback

It was a great pair she had posted on ebay… & the jeans where nice too. ; )

• Gary

This has to be up for a “Tamebay story of the year” award!

Looking at some of the prices achieved it may set a new trend for eBay listings…

• Jamie Parkins

I’d be very surprised if many people actually went through with the sale. I think she’ll see a lot of Non Paying Bidders.

As an ex eBayer, always funny to see these stories getting picked up. I remember only too well that it was such publicity that helped expose (ahem) the site to so many people in the early years.

Oh agreed, however its most amusing!

I think that she could achieve a 100% sale if she agreed to deliver them personally while still wearing them.

• BigPoppa

Try a search for “private listing” you’ll be suprised what shows up.

• Steve

Not that particularly care, but parofanity in listings & outside links policy seem to be overlooked.

If anyone has made it past the pictures that is!!

And no doubt every Jeremy Kyle show Kappa-slapper with counccil-house facelifts will be trying this sales technique soon!

• BigPoppa

haha Kappa-Slapper…good one, not heard that before.. lol

• Warren

Not very high standards on eBays part.

• board_surfer

well if you didn’t know…sex sells.

Kappa Slapper!!..must remember that one !!

• Kevin A

Well, I though I’d passed 18 a very long time ago, but it appears that I’m not allowed to view the items – Must be a British thing …lol

• Marion

I’m in the UK too, but after asking for verification of my age ebay said I’m not allowed to see the listing! I am in my 50’s btw!

• JD

Presumably it is because the UK site does not have an ‘Adult Only’ category under ‘Everything Else’.

The UK site does have ‘Educational’ under ‘Everything Else’, surely the items could have linked in there?

I was told by one of my Canadian buyers in 2003 that only US registered accounts can buy from that category. He would get around it by creating a US account. At least this was the explanation he used when buying an expensive camera off of me and requested that I send it to his unverified Canadian address. I shipped the camera and no fraud occurred so he was probably telling the truth.

Maybe after 8 years that restriction still exists?

• The Rock

Beautiful.

• Gerry0007

I DON’T HAVBE ANY PROBLEM IN TESCO when I buy a bottle of wine, etc…..But here I am not an adult.

Still it’s nice to thing ‘someone’ thinks I’m still young.