eBay get the Christmas decorations out

By Chris Dawson November 1, 2010 - 9:57 am

If you’ve logged onto eBay today you’ll have noticed that the designers have had their crayons out and jazzed up the header for Christmas. As well as a bow and red search box there’s a reminder countdown that there’s only 54 (today) days left until Christmas.

The eBay.com site has gone even further with a much bigger bow, the same countdown and a large panel advert directing buyers to Christmassy goods. It might only be the first of November, but if you’re thinking of decorating your own eBay shops ready for Christmas now’s the time to implement your Christmas graphics to get buyers in the holiday mood and keep them spending.

I logged in this morning and thought I had a policy warning until I saw the bow.

• northumbrian

Bah Humbug

I wonder if the number of days to Christmas will work any better than the sign in the Post Office giving last posting days? Every year I get emails on about December 23rd saying “If I order today can you get it to me before Christmas”. If it brings it home to customers just how many days there are to Christmas it will be a very welcome introduction. Last Dec 25th I was in the stores getting sorted orders that had come in Dec 24 and 25. Obviously I hope that they did not want them for Uncle Charlie.

• northumbrian

argh its driving me nuts

what happens on christmas eve, does it turn to hours then minutes then seconds, then just in the nick of time the door bursts open & someone from MI5 shoots the fat pillock

SPOILER ALERT: I have it on good authority that on Christmas Eve it consists of 3 reindeer (they are actually cookies shaped like reindeer). Then on Christmas in the US it is three red stockings but a red star in the UK. It finally ends with two wine glasses and the number 2011 on January 1st.

It doesn’t look like anyone from MI5 is involved.