Hello Everyone

By Dan Wilson March 4, 2009 - 12:49 am

Dan Wilson reporting for duty. I’m TameBay’s ‘guest editor’ for March 2009. I know some of you. But then again there are lots of TameBay people I haven’t met, read comments from, chatted with over the years. I’d say, for a starter, I’d like to say ‘Hullo’ to everyone here. Especially people who have never commented on TameBay. Why not say ‘Hullo’ back? Whether veteran or newbie, you’re very, very welcome.

I’m house-sitting. I may have a party on the quiet one night (bring a bottle btw) but I’m not rearranging the furniture and if anyone wants to vandalise the valuable ancestral portrait by the fire, I’ll be jolly cross. Chris and Sue are the guv’nors. I’m keeping this place ticking over, watering the plants, feeding the cats, sorting the post, putting out the rubbish.

And I guess I should be honest:

– I’m a bit out of touch. The latest eBay developments may well have passed me by. I’m getting back up to speed, but I will appreciate background and extra briefings. I may not get the nuances. Be patient.

– I like good humour. Generous behaviour, funnies, intelligent debate and clever insight work for me. I hate stuck records. Say something new. It’s fun.

– I’m not a professional eBay seller. I’m a businessman, sure. But not a retail seller like most of you. I make a living by doing lots of different things: writing, consulting, jobbing. I’m not employed full-time by anyone.

But most of all: if you have something to say, why not go for broke and suggest a story? I’m not saying every suggestion will be a goer, but why not express your views? Contact TameBay in the usual way and I guarantee I’ll reply to every serious suggestion.

I’m looking forward to it. Business as usual. But a bit different. Welcome all.

G’day Dan, just let us know when the small, quiet party’s on and I’ll bring some beers. Hope you enjoy your time in the boss’s chair, I’m looking forward to reading your words of wisdom. Cheers!

• Marion

Hello Dan and welcome! I am one of those who never comments, a bit of a wall flower I guess. Perhaps I will come to the pary and have a glass or two of sherry and meet everyone! I am not a professional seller either, we just tend to sell off the bits and pieces that my husband (who is an avid collector of everything!) has decided he can live without!

An interesting idea for an article might be for the occasional seller trying to swim against the tide of all the big boys?

Enjoy your blogging, I shall look forward to reading it!

Welcome Dan!

I have read your own blog in the past so look forward to hearing what you have got to say on Tamebay!

Stu

Hello Dan!!!

(Waving a large bottle of Scotch and looking forward to the party.**)

**Coz I don’t get out much….

Welcome Dan 😀

• northumbrian

heres a serious suggestion ,hows about going for a few articles on every day matters
    forget about these seminars for the Good the bad and the ugly, scratching each others bums like a pack of Baboons

hows about an article or two on shipping, packaging, vat, tax,customs,
    auction management software, auction images, etc etc etc

#4 You told us lot on Twitter you have given up the booze,,

to plastered to remember I bet.

• northumbrian

hows about starting with the

confessions of an Ebay Pink 😈

Hi all, especially Marion. ;o)

Lots of good ideas here. Thanks! Currently slightly overwhelmed but have certainly taken all the ideas on board… as my burgeoning ‘Tamebay To Do list’ testifies.

Norf: Confessions of a Pink? I really don’t think there’s much to confess! I never even fiddled my expenses.

• northumbrian

I have signed the official secrets act too 😆

What about that the heady Berlin Christmas party of 2002 Dan! Plenty to tell there…

• northumbrian

Ok then fess up
    which one had the armband and the tash

Hey Dan,

As an ex-ebayer, I’d love to get your view on what the culture was like, how it changed, how it was being in the UK for a US-run biz, etc. Not many ex-ebayers have the guts to put that out there, but I’ve seen tidbits from you and it would be great to hear the ‘real story’.

I’d also love to hear your “how i’d fix ebay” angle(s).

Scot

Hey Scot,

Funnily, on my own blog I’m half way through writing a post in response to your ‘eBay 2.0’ post.

Re culture. I’m 2 and a half years out now. Ancient history. ;o)

dw

• Kate George

Welcome Dan 🙂

• Gerry007

Hi Dan,

Now, NO going out and flogging the family silver (or whatevers available!!).

Anyway have a good time being the top knob & look forward to your comments..

Best of luck.

Howdie Dan

Hope you have your hard hat and torch ready….
    Welcome, fab news,
    Looking forward to your blogging

No pressure then……

Suz x

• board_surfer

Hullo back

Hi Dan,

and welcome.

I have been selling on eBay for many year but still seem to find silly questions to ask about selling,

Sean

• Richard (from eBay)

Good luck Dan – hard acts to follow…