The Christmas Decorations are up in my eBay shop

By Chris Dawson December 17, 2008 - 1:25 pm

mountcompchristmasI’ve been far too busy to put up the Christmas decorations at home and they’ll probably not go up until this weekend, but .

The good news is that it didn’t take me any time at all – the guys at Frooition offer a service where they’ll decorate your eBay shop for you, and what’s even better when you’re ready to take them down they pack the decorations away and restore you shop back to it’s normal appearance in the New Year.

The Frootion Xmas graphics pack is just one of the options available for Frooition eBay shops, they’ve added in a whole suite of Frooition Extras to allow your buyers to shop by Size, Price or Brand. You can select extras you want to transform your eBay shop tailoring it to exactly suit the type of products you sell and the type of buyer you want to appeal to.

I quite like the seasonal changes that are possible with my eBay shop and yes “Sandwich Lady” is still there, but now she’s got a tree on her desk 😛

It’s been a while since you had your shop juiced up by frooition, have you noticed a steady increase in business which you could attribute to the new design?

• Jimbo

& only £70.00 a pop!

• katakitty

She really should be eating a mince pie !

• northumbrian

she should have finished her lunch and be stuffing the turkey now

#1 To be totally honest I have say that this year has had SO many changes it’s almost impossible for me to attribute sales to any single one. Almost as soon as my Frooition shop was implemented eBay tested SIF in search visibility, had a summer long free Gallery offer (and later in the year made it free forever), had a fee promotion in Tech categories for over a month, and then when that ended totally revamped the entire fee stucture scrapping SIF in favour of 30 day BINs not to mention introducing the new Search and Best Match.

I’d love to be able to put a figure on it, but I can’t. However from a purely professional viewpoint the graphics alone would be worth the cost to me, the ability to choose a Star item and Top Five items definitely increases sales for those product lines and the overall image is professional and contemporary which suits the products I sell.

#2 But re-usable graphics for next year… 😀

#5 I thought that after asking but it was to late 😆

Imho the design definitely suits technology products.

• northumbrian

Could I put it another way chris

if you were paying the full price would you still use it

• Jimbo

& Chris what if Christmas is cancelled next year?

#8 Yes – I’ve already renewed my Frooition subscriptions for another six months (and paid for it). It’s no secret that in the past I wasn’t exactly complimentary about Frooition shops (or Creativebay as they were in the old days), but I was wrong – they’re darn good! 😀 The secret is as with any design you get out what you put in, and if you ask for an over the top design they’ll give you one, or if you ask for an elegant minimalist design like mine they’ll do that too. I like minimalist and in some ways it’s harder than full blown graphics, but it’s horses for courses.

If anyone’s thinking about a design from Frooition or elsewhere I’d recommend thinking about your customers, and don’t add every last graphic that you can just because you’re paying for it – sometimes less is more 😉

#9 You the Grinch or summat? 😯

#8 Norf, they have a great big frooition advert on the home page.

Can’t see Chris doing a George Ratner just yet 😆

Although I have been after that big ad space for sometime, maybe it’s time the frooition boys buggered off for a bit so I can advertise my Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/June…Sales 🙂

• northumbrian

I like minalmist too! I dont have a design or graphics at all from any body or anything
    takes me all me time to put the full stops and commers in
    lol

• northumbrian

if christmas was cancelled next year there would be so much lack of expense, so many policemen, firemen ,nurses doctors,
    and social workers with time do other things than pick up the pieces from alcohol abuse and family rows,
    christmas would never happen again

Ohhhhhhh your so 2007 Northy !

Its periods and comma’s now, not full stops and commers 😎

Get with it man!

• northumbrian

Periods?
    I am listing on ebay not having a sex change

#10 any Tamebay promo’s with Frooition welcome 😉

• Neil

Frooition will let you host the graphics yourself, we do this and can change the graphics on the shop as often as we like for free.

#17 Ohhh will they? I didn’t know that! Mind you, if you saw my attempts at creating graphics you’d know why Sue’s banned me from doing any for TameBay and the same advice probably holds true for my eBay shop 😀

• Kate

#14 & #15 saying “periods” instead of “full stops” is just an Americanism, nothing modern or “with it” about it! I’m British and I speak British English so full stops it is.

• Board_Surfer

That and you can only use periods once a month.

And even then its a pain (allegedly).

• Board_Surfer

hmmm me thinks the edit facility may be malfunctioning.

I didnt know you could host your own graphics.

It would be good to be able to have control over it yourself.

P.S. i had the xmas package last year! Forgot it this time around!

Frooition