My my, elves at Waterloo!

By Chris Dawson December 8, 2008 - 6:29 pm

eBay Elves are out and about in London this week, giving away Guess What wrapping paper to commuters at Waterloo and Paddington. If you’ll be in the area, do go and say hello; if not, here’s a peek at what you’re missing:

If you can’t make it to Waterloo yourself, their eBay goodie bag in aid of Cancer Research UK.

Bloody Nora, an LCD TV, who upped the budget 😆

*Guess What* wrapping paper! who is gonna want to wrap something up for the nearest and dearest with that? “Guess what love..” “What?” “I got that on eBay, he swore on his mothers life it was real Gucci”

Hey is it my eyes deceiving me or have they smartened up the crash barriers with some that fit the posters better? The video above definitely looks an improvement on last weeks photo.

#1 You may mock the wrapping paper, but I can promise you people go absolutely nuts for a bit of eBay merch, I’ve seen people practically crawl over each other just to get their hands on an eBay carrier bag 😀
    Not me I hasten to add…. (I’d never admit to a little hoard of eBay merch…. although I’m struggling to find a single room in the house that doesn’t have a bit lurking in a corner 😛 )

I’ll take your word for it Chris 😆

• Jimbo

They gave out eBay rubik cube type thingy’s at an eBay do a few years back. I got about £60 for mine (if I remember rightly).

Sixty quid!!! I’ve got one of them and it’s pristine still in it’s shrinkwrap cover – didn’t realise they were worth so much!! 😀

• Jimbo

I’m not sure you would get that on todays eBay though.

my ebay merch is growing in number…now I would love to get my hands on some wrapping paper 🙂

ive been outbid 🙁

Auctions aren’t that exciting anymore. You’ve only got bidder 1 vs bidder 2.

• Board_Surfer

#9 that is the No 1 thing wrong with ebay

they removed the competition element and stole the fun away.

buy this widget its only x quid, just doesnt have the same appeal.

if i am bored I put a few auctions up. the key is to put rare items up and make sure your keywords are spot on. We sold a rare MUFC cup winners cup shirt from 1991 for £56 last week…10 or so bids. That was quite exciting!!

Love it when these eBay items go for silly money.

At home I have an ultra rare eBay ming vase. It has a mural of Pierre’s face on one side and in Chinese characters around the rim the addresses of all of 1998’s Non Paying Bidders.

LOL @ vzaar Jamie, really.

• northumbrian

A Watford cup winners shirt would be even more rare 😆

• Board_Surfer

“in Chinese characters around the rim the addresses of all of 1998’s Non Paying Bidders.”

Big Vase!!!

• I still have four elf statues I was given by my team when I left the bay in honour of my time elfing it up on the boards…visitors to my flat think I have very strange taste, at least until I explain why I have four random gnomes in my place. Although “I used to pretend to be an efl on eBay’s competition boards” does not succeed completely in convincing people I haven’t gone a bit funny in the head.
    🙂