List for a penny in eBay UK technology categories

By Chris Dawson July 1, 2008 - 2:39 pm

, eBay UK are reducing the insertion fees for Buy It Now items in technology categories to just a penny. Items listed in the Mobile and Home Phones (excluding the Mobile Phones with Contracts sub-category), Computing, Consumer Electronics, and Photography categories are eligible; multiple item listings are also included. The promotional rate is available to business sellers only. Other normal fees apply.

Thanks to the lovely Whirly for the heads-up.

Oh what a joyous day for techie sellers 😀

I’ll even forgive them for the typo that says “Only the basic eBay Insertion Fee will be 5 pence” when it should read “one pence” cos I’m so happy – and free gallery as well 😀

nice news for a change, i may even forgive them, unless they let the cats get spammed by the wrong items.
    with best match i dont suppose it makes a lot of odds what catergories you list in now

My Whirly’s have electronic touch pads, some have radio’s with Dolby surround sound?? can I list a bath or 2 in technology ?

Hey Whirly can you sell replacement radios for Whirlpools seperately? 😉

• GeorgeJungle

WOW!!!!

I am a happy man, even if I will be locked indoors for the next 3 days reconfiguring things.

#4 not a bad idea….1p!!! FFS you jammy sods lol

I’ve only uploaded 101 today… so that’s ermmm let me see… £1.01 😀

I promsied Biddy I would never swear on here, but you know what I am thinking 🙂

• amajorukpowerseller

Strange one this. No prior announcement, no mention on the General Annoucement Board.

If they are going to run promotions like this they should at least give us say a week’s notice. This thing is already live!

#9 It’s an odd one thats for sure.

I am new to selling on eBay and just listed 760 products in my shop with 500 of those being under the technology section. I tried to move 25 items from the shop to the fixed price section thinking I would be refunded the fees for listing them products to the store.

However I have been charged for both listing fees even though the 25 items are no longer in the eBay shop.

Any idea if I can reclaim all of my shop listing fees if I move all the items to the fixed price section?

No, Tahir, sorry, you won’t be able to reclaim the SIF fees, because the items *were* successfully listed in your shop.

Tahir – leave them in your shop, but if you have duplicates add new listings as BINs 🙂

Thanks for the response. Well I decided to list everything as BIN as well and so its not too bad as I have the listings in BIN for 3 to 7 days and the eBay store for 30 days. Really enjoying your site so far as I did not realise there is so much potential in selling through different places. Keep up the good work.