1. We believe that comments are basically good. Most people who blog like comments, just like eBayers like feedback. Chris and I are no different. Whether you want to put ‘good post’ or ‘I disagree’, post a longer response, or trackback from your own site, that’s all good.
2. Linking to commercial websites is okay, in moderation. Most people who read TameBay are involved in online commerce in one way or another. Linking your website or your eBay shop in the ‘website’ section of the comments is not only permitted, it’s actively encouraged. However, our comments are not your advertising forum; if you are here solely to promote your product rather than to be part of the community, your comments are likely to be edited or deleted.
3. You will need to supply a name and valid email address in order to comment. Your email address will not be displayed on the site, but may be used by us to contact you. Names should be name-sounding, not spammy and filled with keywords: e.g. “Sue”, “Sue @ TameBay”, “Sue the TameBay blogger” or “TameBay” would all be okay, but “eBay news and forum” would not be.
4. Please do not post personal information such as email or phone numbers. These will be deleted.
5. As per paragraph 2, linking to a commercial site as your website, and/or one link as a “signature” in your post, is permitted.
6. Commenting purely to post a link, or pretending to be one of your own customers endorsing your product, is spam, and will be deleted. Posting repetitive comments on single or multiple threads is spam whatever the content, and will be deleted.
7. Comments which contain more than two links will be held for moderation, as will comments which contain words commonly used by spammers.
Don’t be a jerk
8. The editors of the site reserve the right to moderate, edit or delete any comments as necessary. We reserve the right to block any individual or group from commenting.
9. Comments containing hate speech, comments which are intended to disrupt the conversation, comments personally attacking TameBay writers or other commenters and comments which make personal attacks on named members of eBay staff will be edited or deleted. Swearing will almost certainly be [beep]ed out.
10. You will normally have the opportunity to edit your comment for up to three minutes after you have posted it.
11. In rare instances, where comments would normally be deleted, we may contact you to offer the opportunity to edit them instead. Tip: if you’re really, really angry, it’s better to wait before you post. Calmer heads make for more coherant arguments!
You own your own words
12. You are responsible for what you write in our comments. By submitting a comment, you agree that you will accept all responsibility for your words and any repercussions that come from them, and that you indemnify the owners of the site against any liability for what you have written. You are strongly advised not to name individuals or cite eBay IDs in our comments.
13. By leaving a comment, you grant us permanent and irrevocable permission to publish that comment, and to edit it if necessary.
14. Violations of this comment policy and its previous incarnation may lead to your being blocked from commenting, or from the entire site.
15. By leaving a comment on TameBay, you affirm that you accept the above.