German etailer Zalando is going great guns
Zalando is a German fashion etailer that also plugs into the inventory of third party sellers. And judging by its 2015 results, it’s doing very well indeed. In 2015 it reported that sales were up year on year by 36%.
Here are some of the ket facts:
– Total online sales of €2.8bn. Up 36.3% from 2014.
– Online sales in Germany, Austria and Switzerland of €1.58bn up 28.0% in 2015.
– Online sales in the rest of Europe of €1.21bn up 40%.
– The total number of orders grew to 55.3 million up 33% in 2015.
– The 2015 the average order size was €67.8.
You can read more about the Zalando results here.
And if you would like some notion of what Zalando as a marketplace might offer you, and how you could get involved, then check out this document from Channel Advisor.
It’s a little bit old but it examines the size, opportunities and potential of Zalando. And as they say: “Renowned for its “Free Shipping! Free Returns!” mantra, Zalando has grown from its humble start in 2008, when it began selling shoes online. Now, Zalando stands strong as an ecommerce retailer of clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children.”
Are any of you selling on Zalando already?