New Year’s Resolution: Cross Border Trade
InterCultural Elements have been helping sellers expand their sales around the world since 2007, offering customizable solutions to translate, localize and launch your items on international marketplaces and websites. They also offer managed care for e-commerce accounts, provide multilingual email & phone customer service and returns and can help identify the right countries & marketplaces to target.
The team at InterCultural Elements have partnered to put some New Year resolutions for ecommerce businesses together and this is the first in a series of posts we’ll publish over the next few weeks:
Happy New Year!
On behalf of the team at InterCultural Elements, we wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2016!
When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, meeting your business planning goals can be just as tough as hitting the gym! We’re already 16 years into the 21st century and yet there are still so many businesses who aren’t utilising the wonders of the modern world to their full advantage. It has never been easier than it is today for retailers to reach unlimited marketplaces, regions, countries and therefore – buyers! So what are you waiting for? Make 2016 the year you expand your international sales presence.
Recently there’s been a rise in articles giving advice on internationalising your business, but it can be hard to know exactly what to do with that wealth of knowledge. How can you apply these tips to a specific business?
Over the next few weeks with this series of articles, we’ll be helping you put together the best strategy to keep your New Year’s resolution and take your e-commerce business beyond borders. The goal is to give you practical, relevant information which you can take away and implement with ease in 2016.
To help you work out the optimal way to get your company abroad, we’ll cover topics including:
Where to sell
- What is the best method of researching this?
- Which marketplaces are most suited to your product?
- In which countries would you be most competitive on price (including shipping) and availability?
How to get up and running quickly in these markets
- Once you’ve identified your target markets, what are the most efficient ways of getting your products seen, sold and distributed?
- How do you get those all-important ratings from day one?
- What are the start-up requirements for each marketplace?
Other, less saturated regions and marketplaces
- Where are your competition not selling yet?
- What are the most cost-effective ways of breaking into a new region?
- Which other regions are worth considering?
The growth of ‘alternative’ marketplaces
- Where are the best growth regions?
- Which marketplaces are worthy of your attention?
- What other listing options are there, aside from the ‘big fish’?
Western retailers taking advantage of the Chinese market
- What are the major advantages of a Chinese expansion project?
- What are the differences to Western marketplaces?
- What different marketplace options are there, and what is the most cost-effective way?
- What help are you going to need in order to start selling into China?