Amazon Premium Shipping service
Sharp eyed Amazon sellers have spotted a new shipping service appear in their Amazon Seller Central – Premium Shipping.
Amazon say that their Premium Shipping option provides fast and traceable shipping options and improve the customer experience by communicating a clear delivery date to the customer, which is inclusive of handling time and shipping speed.
Only selected sellers that meet Amazon’s requirements are eligible to offer Premium Shipping Options. In the UK, Premium Shipping options are One-Day Delivery and Two-Day Delivery.
Amazon Premium Shipping Requirements
Customers will expect their packages to be delivered quickly so sellers must meet and maintain the following requirements:
- You must be selling on Amazon for at least 90 days
- Order count: ten or more orders in the past 30 days across all shipping options
- Valid tracking usage rate: greater than or equal to 94%. Currently Amazon are working with the following carriers in Europe: Royal Mail, UPS, and FedEx
- On-time delivery rate: greater than or equal to 92%
- Order defect rate: Less than 0.5%
- Seller initiated cancellation rate: Less than 1.5%
You must continue to meet the requirements at all times to offer Premium Shipping options. Your eligibility will be revoked if any of the requirements are not met, although sellers whose metrics improve may be eligible to re-apply to show guaranteed delivery date message.
Apply to offer Amazon Premium Shipping
If you meet the eligibility criteria and performance standards listed above and want to enrol in the program you can apply by contacting email@example.com.
You can find more information in Seller Central in the Premium Shipping FAQ.