Eccommerce accelerator to launch in Barnsley
An ecommerce accelerator is to launch in Barnsley and twelve businesses are sought to take the challenge of growing rapidly.
Click from Enterprising Barnsley is an eight-week accelerator programme set to offer 12 ambitious businesses free intensive support and the latest tech know-how to help them to take an idea and turn it into a flourishing online business. It is part of an initiative spearheaded by Enterprising Barnsley, a business support programme delivered by Barnsley Council, to stimulate an entrepreneurial spirit and generate local economic growth.
The 12 businesses will be picked from applicants who have entered or those nominated ahead of the eight-week scheme, which is set to start on June 8 and finish at the end of July.The programme includes 12 months accommodation at the Digital Media Centre and mentoring via Enterprise Nation.
To be eligible to apply, applicants should have an idea for an online business (selling products or services), an existing product or service they want to take online or be within six months of trading with an online business.
Over eight weeks businesses will learn how to:
· Write a business plan and research the market
· Create a website and attract visitors to browse and buy
· Protect Intellectual Property and be trading online with legal requirements intact
· Develop and promote a brand and build a reputation
· Make sales online and off with a high profile pop-up
· Get business basics in place including logistics, sales, marketing, social media and finances
The deadline for applications is Friday May 8. To find out more and apply, click here.