Tutorial: How to emulate your eBay listing on mobile devices
We’ve had a lot of people read about mobile optimised listings and say “But I don’t have a smart phone”, so they’re unable to see what their descriptions look like on an eBay mobile site or in the eBay app. Today we’re going to show you how to emulate practically any mobile device using Google Chrome so that you can see what mobile shoppers see when they view your listing on eBay mobile.
(If you don’t have Google Chrome installed on your computer it’s a free download).
1) Open Google Chrome and browse to your listing
In this example I’m using the Tablet I purchased on eBay yesterday but you can select one of your own listings.
2) Click the menu button (top right) and select Tools > Developer Tools.
3) If it’s not already open, click the “Open Drawer” link to display additional options
4) Select the “Emulation” tab
From the drop down select the device you’d like to emulate (We selected the iPhone 3GS)
5) Click “Emulate” and then press “F5” on your keyboard to refresh the screen
Refreshing the page will put you into eBay’s mobile view.
6) Scroll down the mobile view and click “Description”
When the page loads you’ll see what your mobile buyers see when they view your description.
7) Zoom in and out
Once you’re in the description you’ll be able to hold the shift and left mouse button down and then moving your mouse will emulate zooming in and out on a mobile device. You can also change the mobile device you’re emulating to see your eBay listing on different devices.
If you don’t find it easy to read your listing description on various mobile devices then neither will your customers. Take a look today and check out your eBay listing on mobile.