eBay UK Seller Release 2014: International Tracked Postage Service
Today eBay have announced that they will be taking steps to make international tracked shipping easier for sellers. Later in the year they will be launching an international tracked shipping service integrated into eBay. There’s no announced date for launch.
This service will offer:
• Discounted rates negotiated by eBay. (No rate card is yet available.)
• Full end-to-end tracking with confirmation of delivery.
• Labels printed directly from order management tools or using eBay sendIT- a dedicated portal to print and pay for eBay labels.
• Postage service to 28 countries (most European Union countries plus Australia, New Zealand and the US).
• Fast transit times from 2 to 5 days in the European Union.
• Delivery of items up to 30kg.
• Choice of either a collection service (at least 5 parcels per collection) or a drop-off service through Collect+ locations.
• The tracking number is automatically added to My eBay for buyers.
Needless to say, to judge this service, what we really need is the rate card and pricing but that’s not available. If eBay have managed to negotiate some tasty discounts it could be a very tasty offering. But until we know the cost, the jury’s out.