Seller Dashboard TRS Display issue?
The aim of the dashboard is to display how many of your current eBay listings need amendments in order to fully qualify for the new Top Rated Seller requirements which are:
- Minimum 14 days returns period (mandatory anyway from September)
- 1 day or same day dispatch
- An express 24 hour delivery option, and
- A free domestic delivery option
Of course your account will also need to qualify as a Top Rated Seller.
The issue for all the sellers that have contacted us is that their seller dashboard shows listings which supposedly need improvements, but to all intents and purposes already meet all of the criteria above.
We can only think of three possible reasons for the listings to be displayed as needing improvements but we’ve not been able to narrow down which one is correct:
1) The seller dashboard is incorrectly reporting listings and the listings are actually correct
2) The seller dashboard is correctly reporting listings and there’s a bug in the actual listings
3) The listings are correct but don’t qualify as they were listed on the old fee schedule. They’re shown as not being eligible because they still attract the old final value fees. When they renew (for GTC or are relisted for other durations) they’ll be correct and qualify for Top Rated Seller discount and display as qualifying.
The only advise we can offer at this time is to do nothing. Certainly check your listings over, but if they should qualify, in the case of 1) and 2) above there’s nothing you can do. In the case of 3) above you could cancel and relist or you could wait for your listings to end or renew which will fix the problems.
If you have any more insights on what’s amiss we’d love to know your thoughts.