Seller Release – Top Rated Seller Reminder
eBay’s Top Rated Seller is changing from the 1st of August. Rather than accounts being Top Rated and eBay displaying the Top Rated Seller badge on all your listings, eBay will only display the badge on qualifying Top Rated Listings.
If your listings qualify as Top Rated then they’ll attract a 15% discount on final value fees and get maximum boost in eBay’s Best Match. Account level discounts are scrapped.
Top Tip: Move your P&P costs into your item selling price as the new eBay Top-rated seller discounts will be based on that price
For your listings to qualify as Top Rated you need to offer:
- Minimum 14 days returns period (mandatory anyway from September)
- 1 day or same day dispatch
- An express 24 hour delivery option, and
- A free domestic delivery option
NB The free delivery option does NOT have to be the first offered – you can order your delivery options in whichever order you wish to present them to your buyers. I’d recommend offering a standard option with an upgrade to 24 hour and a downgrade to free. The majority of buyers won’t even look but will take the first postage option offered, especially on mobile apps.
Top Rated Seller Item Exceptions
You should be aware that items offering “Collection in person” will not receive any Top Rated Seller benefits. Consider removing all collection in person options from your listings.
Additionally if you offer “Freight” you’re excused all criteria bar the requirement to offer a 14-day returns period. You won’t get the badge on your listings, but you will get increased visibility and fee discounts.
New Top Rated Seller account-level requirements
eBay have slightly relaxed the requirements for an account to be considered Top Rated, in the future they will be:
- Minimum sales value will change from £2,500 to £1,000 in the past 12 months with UK and Irish buyers
- Maximum percentage or count of 1-star and 2-star detailed seller ratings will be 0.5% or 2
- Maximum percentage or count of closed cases without seller resolution will remain at 0.3% or 2