eBay India introduces the “eBay Guarantee”
eBay India has announced they’re launching the “eBay Guarantee” on April 20th 2010. From that date for eBay India buyers that are not 100% satisfied with their purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that they receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days. This will replace the existing eBay.in buyer protection program.
Benefits to Buyers on eBay India
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure either:
Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay
eBay India’s Seller Protection policy will remain in force to protect sellers against losses arising out of fraudulent chargebacks. As is now the case in the UK at times eBay may decide that the seller is not at fault and offer protection against loss incurred for the refund/replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee program.
In the UK buyers already have many of these rights from Business Sellers under the Distance Selling Regulations, but for those countries where the regulations don’t apply this is one to watch. If the eBay Guarantee is successful in increasing buyer confidence it could be rolled out to other countries in the future.